PITT-JOHNSTOWN BOARD MEMBER DUTIES & 责任
Contributes to the development of the Association by participating in implementation of Association goals, participating in Association – sponsored activities, serving on committees as specified in the bylaws and representing the 校友会 in University functions. A one-term commitment is required, which consists of three years of service. First term board members are eligible to serve a second consecutive term as an elected director.
Position Description and 责任
- Attend meetings prepared to contribute to the discussion of issues and business
- Become familiar with the programs and activities sponsored by the 校友
- Association and participate in the functions as much as possible.
- Avoid conflicts of interest between role as Board member and personal/professional life. 如果发生冲突, the Board must be informed and participation in discussion/voting will be prohibited.
- Exercise loyalty toward the Board and UPJ; If applicable, maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues, 如果他们出现
- Actively identify, recruit and cultivate volunteers and event sponsors.
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown.
- Assist the 董事会 in identifying and implementing programs that will increase the 校友会’s presence on campus and to the student body.
- The long-term goal is that continued development of the Association through new and loyal alumni.
- Assist in the evaluation of programs, offer ideas, and initiate activities.
- Support other Board members and staff in the performance of their duties.
- Efficient use of time for projects related to the 校友会 and the University
- Support and resources to accomplish projects
- Recognition and acknowledgment for efforts, service, and commitment
- Networking opportunities with other 利记体育 alumni
- Personal satisfaction by giving time to your Alma Mater
Conducts all business essential to operations of the Pitt Johnstown 校友会 Membership
总统, 副总统, 秘书, 财务主管, 过去的总统, Standing and Project Committee Chairs (As appointed by the board) and Institutional Advancement Office Representative(s)
- Meets a minimum or four (4) times annually and more frequently as needed.
- Addresses all business in advance of regularly scheduled full 校友会 meetings.
- Conducts all business in accordance with the requirements and timeframes set forth by the Association’s by-laws.
- Performs items of business or tasks suggested by the 董事会